Sunday, September 5, 2010

Honesty

My family usually goes on holidays to Jersey, it's a channel island off the coast of france. When I was 7 and my brother was 4 we went to this indoor play centre, not going to lie. I loved them, just running around diving in the ball pit, pushing my brother over/down slides whilst he cried. Absolute great times.

My brother wasn't the greatest toilet trained 4 year old in the world, i distinctly remember one time when we were round a friends house and Daniel urinated on my neighbours potted plant, my mother was furious, his explanation "Daddy said when you didn't know where the toilet was you should wee behind a bush." This was in reference to the time he urinated himself whilst camping. Yes readers this is a extremely sophisticated blog.

Anyway, in this indoor play centre 4 year old Daniel was having a ball of a time... especcially over the netted runway on the higher level. Unfortunately the people bellow didn't have a great time as they thought it was raining inside. Oh dear Daniel.

The point i'm getting too was later on i was with another 8 year old who was said, and i remember it rather distinctly "Do you know there was a weird kid who wee'd himself in the play centre and was taken out," i sighed and thought i could always deny this and the other 8 year old who by being 1 and a half years older than me (younger children tend to be beasts with fractions with ages) made him supremely cooler in my eyes, jesus i was playing with an 8 and three quarter year old boy, i thought i was a pimp, i thought i was the godfather of the indoor play centre cos i knew an 8 and three quarter year old. My reply?

"Yeah that was my brother..."

Much "oh my god he's so weird "etc etc "oh my god your his brother" etc etc, i laughed it off cos i remembered i was still the pimp of the indoor play centre and the 8 and three quarter year old would wake up with a horses head in his bed. And then be in hell (smiley face here).

And the reason i bring this up, despite it being an odd story is i think i would've been more embarassed if i renounced my brother, just like you can't renounce who you are or where you come from.

On the same token you can't attribute what you do to being the fault of such heritage, it may explain what situations you get into, but not how you deal with those situations.

I dislike myself for saying things and mucking up sometimes, but i know that i feel a million times worse if i'm holding something back for some obscure reason that makes perfect sense at the time. By being your complete self all the time only then you can be fully happy, i'm not attesting that i can do so. Self-respect is the single most important lesson in life. And one i'm still learning.

Stay Golden

No comments:

Post a Comment